Monday, October 1, 2012

Reverse Stenciling

I saw a technique by Mallory from SimplyMal.com that used contact paper or stickers to create a reverse stencil so you can make a sign or whatever.  I hate my handwriting and well, my painting isn't much better.  I own a Cricut, so why not give this reverse stencil technique a try.  I created the stencil, placed it on my wood for the sign I wanted to make.

Now, I realize after I did all of this, that I probably didn't pick the best of colors.  In my head it was going to look really great, but I needed to use a brighter or lighter color for the rest of my sign.  The technique worked great and it's a fun new way to make things.  Hope you give it a try!


After the stickers were removed, this is how it looked. 


Yup, that's Pinteresting!

No comments:

Post a Comment