Friday, September 21, 2012

Dill Dip



Went to a party the other day and had a taste of Dill Dip with veggies.  Wow, I really loved the flavor.  So much so, that once we left the party, I went to the grocery store to buy the identical dip.  Much to my dismay, they didin’t carry it.  Uggh, now what?  Make my own of course.  I remembered reading on Pinterest people using Greek Yogurt in place of Sour Cream, so I thought this would be a fine time to try that idea out.  I bought fresh dill and Greek Yogurt at the store, oh and a bunch of veggies…yummy!!!  I got online once I got home and found this recipe from Heidi at Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom. I of course did what I always do and used it as a guideline or Pinspiration as I like to say, but basically made her dip, minus the mayo and added fresh dill.  I have to say my family loved it, nobody suspected this was actually healthy.  I love when that happens!

Here's what I used:
Greek Yogurt, fresh dill, parsley, minced onion and TS Seasoned Salt
I omitted the mayo, cause I was kinda trying to keep healthy and low calorie/low fat with this recipe.  I've made this twice now and learned that since I was cutting out the mayo, I needed to reduce the salt too.  I used about 4 sprigs of dill.  I have no idea how much that is, but it looked like "enough" to me.  

Here's the finished product:  
Dill Dip Pinspired by Heidi at Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom


Yup, that's Pinteresting!

No comments:

Post a Comment