Monday, September 17, 2012

Diva Pina Colada

A friend of mine recently asked if I would make her something.  She participates in a community type theater and needed a star sign for an actor in the play.  A placard on a door.  You know the kind that you picture on a celebrity's dressing room door.  She wanted it gold and big enough to see from the audience, but normal size for a standard door.  Oh, and the rest was up to me.  OK, sure I can do that.  I've tinkered with a saw here and there and I like to paint and be crafty, so this would be fun.

I first selected Luan since it was lightweight and could be hung up easily.  I created a star template on the wood and got to cutting.



A professional photographer, I am not, but you get the idea

 After I cut and sanded, it was time to paint the star and add the lettering.  I used a vinyl cutting machine to create the letters for the star.

Here is the finished product, I hope it Pinspires you to create a little something out of the ordinary.

Diva Pina Colada...I hope to get a picture with the actor soon.


Yup, that's Pinteresting!

No comments:

Post a Comment